Updated May 19, 2020
FireRock is committed to playing its part in flattening the curve of the Covid-19 pandemic. With adapted measures focusing on safety, sanitary conditions and physical distancing, we welcome players to our golf course.
In order to maintain the safety of our guests and staff, we have instituted new and extensive protocols. It is essential that everyone follow our new procedures if we are to continue to offer you golf this season. Please know that if you cannot or will not adhere to these protocols you will be asked to leave the course, immediately.
- Tee time must be pre-booked. NO walk-ins
- You may show up 20 minutes in advance of your tee time (no earlier)
- The driving range will remain closed to start the season. The putting green will only be available to the next group on the tee
- Increased spacing between tee times to enhance physical distancing
- Physical distancing of 2m mandatory at all times
- The Pro Shop will be open for check-in and payment with a limit of two people at a time
- Food & Beverage will be available by online order or call-in or online order. Orders must be pre-paid prior to pick-up or delivery
- The Clubhouse is closed and off-limits
- On-course washrooms will be opened, cleaned and sanitized regularly
- Single rider power carts (unless same household) to be disinfected after each use
- Pull cart rentals to be disinfected after each use
- No rakes in the bunkers, used a preferred lie
- No ball washers
- For each foursome, we will do our best to have two golf carts available and two people will be required to walk. Two golf bags are able to go on each cart and a limited number of push carts are available. Walkers will receive a $15 voucher to be used towards your next round of golf.
- Immediate departure of the facility upon completion of golf. Please do not congregate in the parking lot for food and drinks.
- Lightning: If the lightning detection siren (3 long blows) goes off or the cart GPS notifies you, The course will close and all players must exit the golf course to their vehicles. A decision will then be made to safely reopen or not.
- Rain Delay: Tee times will NOT be delayed due to rain. If a tee time is missed because of heavy rain or lightning, all missed tee times will be canceled. Play will start back once it is safe to do so. eg. Delay ends at 11:00am the 11:00 am tee time is on the tee.
- All high-contact surfaces are regularly sanitized such as the Pro Shop window frame and service-related surfaces, payment terminals, power carts, pull-carts, the flagsticks, bathrooms
- Our employees regularly wash and sanitize their hands
- Our employees will stay home if sick
- Our employees wear latex gloves when handling hole cups, flags
- All machinery will be sanitized to ensure public and staff safety
- Stay home if you are sick!
- Wash your hands with water and soap before and after the round
- Use proper coughing/sneezing etiquette by using your inner elbow
- Practice social distancing with a minimum of 2m (or 5 steps) between you and others while on the property
- Do not share any equipment including scorecards, tees, clubs, balls, ball markers, etc.
- Do not share any food, drinks or inhalation devices
- Refrain from picking up random golf balls you find
- Do not touch the flagstick, putt with the flag in and use your putter and the installed lift system to retrieve your ball
- Empty the garbage from your cart at the completion of your round
- While we’re all in favour of sportsmanship, please refrain from a hand-shake at the end of a round!
The Good News
- Golf presents the perfect activity for these times. With a huge property, players can easily maintain the required physical distancing measures of remaining 2m apart from peers while enjoying fresh air, outdoor exercise and the resulting positive mental benefits.
* Rules are subject to change at any time *